How do we perform Data Migration Testing
Analyze the requirements 1
Understand data sources, characteristics, and test data requirement.
Create a test data strategy2
Create a test plan and test strategy that explains test design and determines how testing needs to be done.
Understand test data plan 3
Understand the Ongoing test data management plan.
Source data subsets and clones4
Collect test data and source data subsets and clone.
Analyze and deliver reports5
Detect and create a bug report to identify similar bugs in the future so they can be avoided.
Make the most of TestUnity’s software testing services to provide an impeccable experience to your users
Why Choose Us for Data Migration Testing?
- Experienced and qualified testing professionals capable of delivering unmatched services
- The faster turnaround time to facilitate the faster release of the app, software, or website being tested
- Detailed reports provide a profound analysis of the app, software, or website with information pertaining to the optimum load which can be handled by the product along with the possibility of potential crashes
- Best testing services at competitive prices
- Proven methodologies and industry best practices usage for carrying out the performance testing
Our Case Studies
Functional Testing of Little Millennium Web App
Little Millennium is a renowned preschool that ignites young minds with boundless curiosity and a passion for learning. With a legacy of excellence in early education, Little Millennium offers a holistic approach that integrates the best of play-based learning, creativity, and academic readiness. Their dedicated team of educators is committed to providing personalized attention to […]
Functional Testing of Physica(ComXr) Application
ComXR is a technology company that creates memorable experiences for your audience by leveraging virtual reality (VR). We specialize in high-end VR, one that allows your users to physically walk through and naturally interact with a truly lifelike, fully 3D environment. With a focus on quality, creativity, and technical expertise, we deliver customized solutions that […]
Security Testing of Bloom AI Application
Bloom AI is on a mission to operationalize data to fuel business ingenuity in the digital economy. As business-data partners, we turn complex, siloed data into simple, digestible insights using our proprietary microinsights platform and headless business intelligence solutions. As companies scale their modern data infrastructure, Bloom AI helps users take the next step by […]
Functional Testing of Travel Tech Website
Travel Tech is a completely virtual and free event, which offers tourism trade professionals (tourism, destinations, travels, and hospitality) educational resources and actionable strategies that will help them move toward recovery and improve profitability more quickly. In this case, the problem was that client was not sure from where to start, how to start, what […]
Regression Testing of Contestee Platform
In English, “Contestee” refers to someone competing in a contest. Contestee is a social network that promotes global talent discovery through competitions. Using Contestee, anyone can showcase their amazing talents, skills, and attributes. Become famous by uploading your videos, collecting votes, and collecting likes! TestUnity began working on Contestee in November 2019. An Android and […]
Security Testing of NFT Platform
NgageN is an exclusive platform enabling NFT economies between Brands & Creators. Created byone of the leading Blockchain companies in India, NgageN is an invitation-only platform for credibleBrands & Creators to drive new forms of fan engagement, sources of revenue & community buildingby creating NFTs which provide exclusive digital assets as well as experiences. In […]
Questions we get asked regarding Data Migration Testing
- What is Data Migration?
Data migration is the process of moving data from one location to another, one format to another, or one application to another. Generally, this is the result of introducing a new system or location for the data. The business driver is usually an application migration or consolidation in which legacy systems are replaced or augmented by new applications that will share the same dataset.
- Why is Data Migration testing required?
The migrations are often started as companies move from on-premises infrastructure and applications to cloud-based storage and applications to optimize or transform their business. Hence, adequate testing is a high-priority effort to ensure data migration is successful.
- How to plan data migration testing?
In terms of arrangements, data migration involves 3 basic steps: Extract data; Transform data; Load data. The migration itself outlines a 7-phase process:
● Premigration planning. Evaluate the data being moved for stability;
● Project initiation. Identify and brief key decision-makers;
● Landscape analysis. Establish a robust data quality rules management process and brief the business on the goals of the project, including shutting down legacy systems;
● Solution design. Determine what data to be moved, and the quality of that data before and after the relocation.
● Build & test. Code the migration logic and test the migration with a mirror of the production environment.
● Execute & validate. Demonstrate that the migration has complied with requirements and that the data moved is viable for business use.
● Decommission & monitor. Shut down and dispose of old systems. This may appear to be an overwhelming amount of work, but not all these steps are needed for every migration. Each situation is unique, and each company approaches the task differently.
- What is Data Migration testing?
In software testing, data migration testing is conducted to compare migrated data with original data to discover any discrepancies when moving data from legacy databases to a new destination. As organizations move their operations to the cloud—one of the foundational pillars of digital transformation— data migration testing ensures the integrity of the mission-critical systems and business as usual for business users.
- What is Application-level validation testing?
In application-level validation testing, a software tester verifies the functionality of a sample migration application that was migrated from an old legacy system to the new system. Application-level validation testing ensures the smooth running of the migrated application with the new database
Get In Touch
Connect with us directly