Automated Website Testing with Ghost Inspector
Ghost Inspector makes it simple to guarantee your site is running appropriately with no programming or testing experience needed. Regardless of whether your group is composed of engineers, manual testers, or beginners in testing, our intuitive set of devices will allow you to accomplish your objectives. Let’s dive in and get to know more about ghost inspector.
What is Ghost Inspector?
Ghost Inspector is an automated browser testing tool for continuously reviewing sites. A considerable lot of those sites operate on WordPress. After masses of interest from clients, Justin Klemm, developer of ghost inspector, developed a plugin to display Ghost Inspector test results immediately inside the WordPress administrator board. The plugin empowers you to determine the most recent test results for a particular suite on the dashboard of any self-hosted WordPress installation. Continue seeking to figure out how to install and set up the plugin.
Ghost Inspector is an automated site testing and recognizing service that reviews for issues with your site or application. It does jobs in a browser, a similar approach a client would, to ensure that everything is working appropriately.
To start, first sign up for a free preliminary account. To perform tests, you can install a test recorder in your browser or use a hosted test editor. Tests are operated from cloud administration. You can set tests to run consistently on a plan, set up notifications, and compare different parts of your testing.
It has the following features:
- Test Recorder & Codeless Editor
- Video & Screenshot Comparison
- Multiple Browsers & Screen Sizes
- API & Third-Party Integrations
- Advanced Test Scheduling
- Parallel Testing by Default
How to use Ghost Inspector for your test suite
- Go to this link ( https://app.ghostinspector.com/account/create/) and generate a ghost inspector account.
- Search for Chrome extension on your chrome browser and open chrome extension.
- Now in chrome extension search for Ghost Inspector and click on add to chrome.
- Now enter your credentials and login into the ghost inspector account.
- After login select “create a new test” and start recording.
- Open any site to complete actions and all the actions will record in Ghost Inspector test suits.
- Click on finish recording to finish the session or click on mark assertions if you want to attach any assertion in your test case.
- When you click on finish recording, it will give you a button “View your Test” to view your recorded actions and tests. Click on this button to see your Test Result.
What are Assertions in a test case?
An assertion is a boolean expression at a critical point in a program that will be true except if there is a defect in the program. A test assertion is described as an expression, which represents some testable logic shown about an objective under test.
On the off chance that an assertion is missing because of either reason, the end of the equivalent can be extreme. An Assertion could raise a barrier that may bring about ending testing for an entire day. A few situations that we want to test for may be reasonably simple, yet it is particularly hard to check in practice.
How to use Assertions in Ghost Inspector?
- Click on the Assertion button when your test is already started.
- Now click on the element on which you need to add the assertion.
- Now click on the Ghost Inspector icon from extensions and continue your recording by clicking on the “record operations” button.
How to View your recorded Test in Ghost inspector?
- Login to Ghost Inspector with the help of the link below :
- After login, you can see your created suite in the dashboard. Click on your suite to start performing your recorded test cases.
- You can run your test suite by clicking on the “Run Test” button.
- To check the test steps click on the name of your Test.
- You can also check on which step your test is failing.
Some Great Features Ghost Inspector Provides
- Effortlessly record your test in the browser:
Ghost Inspector provides a test recorder device to both Chrome and Firefox that allows you to record activities and assertions right in your browser. In case you’re told with Selenium IDE, this is similar yet considerably more smoothed out. When you’re completed recording a test, it’s saved to cloud administration and quickly processed. By then, you can see, edit and automate the test inside your account.
- Build & Manage Tests with Visual Editor:
Preferably than coding your own experiments, you can create them rapidly and efficiently utilizing an instinctive interface. Run your tests quickly as you’re building them. You can moreover record tests at first, at that point edit them using this interface a short time later.
- Observe the functionality of your site/app:
With this, you can have a check on your site’s functionalities for issues by creating tests and operating them on a schedule (Ghost Inspector gives you the capacity to continually operate your test on a schedule utilizing a number of intervals that can be chosen for operating your test or suite in a recurring manner.) or when deploying changes through API. Accomplishing a test is what might be compared to a client performing out similar activities in their browser. You’ll have the choice to see precisely which steps qualified and which failed. Ghost Inspector provides you a full video of the test run, console output from the browser, screen captures, and even a visual relationship of any progressions that have appeared since the last test run. All test outcomes are installed away and can be seen in your account.
- Customize test setting:
Ghost Inspector provides a huge amount of valuable settings for your tests. These can be installed exclusively for tests and most can default at the suite level. Here are some:
- Automated scheduling
- Browser engine choices
- HTTP authentication
- Custom user agent string
- Custom HTTP headers
- Screen resolution
- Screenshot comparison
- Various notifications
- Service integrations
- Receive Notifications & Setup Integrations:
Ghost Inspector provides various implicit alternatives and third-party integration for informing you about test outcomes. Notifications can be managed on the test, suite, and association levels providing you both expansive and fine-grained power over your settings. Apart from email rundowns and webhook notifications, we additionally support numerous third-party administrators including:
- Travis CI
- Circle ci
- Azure DevOps
Here we have specifically talked about the basics of all you require to know about ghost inspector and why you should be incorporating it in your testing process. It is necessary to note that though some may see it as a tiresome method that increases bottlenecks into the testing timeline, ghost inspector can assist avoid a lot of hidden errors in your data that can possibly hinder the overall user experience of a customer.
TestUnity is a SaaS-based technology platform that is managed by a vast community of tester and QA spread around the globe. We give an end-to-end software testing cycle and ensure the best results. Testunity operates with a mission to bring down the cost of testing without endangering the quality of the product. TestUnity has expertise in all testing domains and processes. We will help you in getting better and efficient testing results without spending much of your software testing. Testunity helps in producing the project on time and without any bugs or issues without the requirement to spend much on testing.
Contact us now to get in touch with one of the most efficient software testing company in the world.